Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines Day Nails


     materials needed:    
-nude polish for base
-red polish for hearts
-toothpick or dotting tool
-clear top coat
optional: quick drying clear coat 


source via pinterest

I found this handy diagram telling you how to properly paint your nails. I wish I knew this a few years ago when I was getting nail polish all over my fingers (not that I still don't do that). 


Now used the skills you just mastered to apply a nude base coat of a nude polish to your nails. 

I've used essie's ballet slippers. One of my all time favourites.

After your base coat is dry.I like to add a layer of essie's 'to dry for' before adding the hearts (not pictured).  
The next step is to add the hearts! I've used essie's fishnet stockings. 


The first step to make a heart is adding one small dot. I find that it's easiest to make dots by dipping a toothpick into the polish and then applying it to the nail. I know that there are dotting tools sold specifically for polish but I don't own any of those. 

Next, add another small dot beside your first leaving a small space between. These will make the first two "humps" of your heart. 


Finally, connect the two dots by dragging the polish from the dots down to form a point. It's super easy. 


After this step I applied a final layer of clear polish to set the hearts. 

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment