Friday, March 29, 2013


1\\ Three words- Strawberry. Riesling. Slushy. I posted the recipe earlier in the week (super easy) and highly suggest you try it if you have the chance. 

2\\ So sad that I'm back from my vacation from D.C. It went by wayyy to quickly. Here is a picture of the Jefferson memorial. Quiet artistic if you ask me. 

3\\ Crossed something off of my bucket list. I was able to see Vincent van Gogh's 'Roses' at the National Gallery of Art while in D.C. it was amazing.

4\\ Cherry blossoms. I was able to see the very beginning of the bloom of the annual cherry blossom bloom in DC. don't let this picture fool you, they most definitely aren't out yet. Out of the hundreds of trees there, about 4-5 had bloomed. All of the crazy tourists (including myself) were crowded around these few trees snapping pictures.

5\\ The Metro in DC, although it is kind of stinky and dimly lit (you can't really tell very well in the picture) is a really cool place. 



-----------------------------------------------------------


I hope you all had a great week and enjoy your Easter weekend. If you want to keep up with me during the week you can 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. It's always hard coming back from vacations. But so glad you had a great time! That's awesome that you were able to see Roses. There's always something incredible about seeing a masterpiece in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great experience! I actually just e-mailed the gallery last night beacause I was curious as to who picked out the frames for the art. It was pretty clear that most of the frames weren't originals (I mean some of the paintings were from the 1800s). They said that the curators collaborated on the decision. I thought that was pretty interesting!

      Delete
  2. Oh the cherry blossoms, so pretty, even if it was only a few trees!
    http://oneorganicmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/high-five-for-friday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry Blossom season in D.C. was one of the prettiest springs I've ever seen, you're lucky to live there! And I'm definitely trying that slushy recipe - I love riesling. Just found your blog through High Five for Friday, excited to follow along

    -Erika
    www.allthingseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished I was lucky enough to live there. Unfortunately I was just visiting. It is a great place!

      I highly recommend the slushy. It is a great drink. I checked out your blog too, it's great.

      Delete