Friday, March 15, 2013

1.  I had a hair appointment yesterday! This isn't the best quality picture but I did get it ombréd. It is pretty subtle but that is what I wanted. I will take a better quality picture and post it soon. 

2. I got some Converse All-Stars in Peach. My first choice was mint but they didn't have them in my size. Word of advice, they run big (like a size or more than a half size). I thought these would be perfect and comfy for walking around DC. Speaking of which. I am super excited. I leave tomorrow!

3. So...I went for a run for the first time in...lets just say a VERY long time this week. It was bad, very bad. I should say that it was more of a walk than a run. Also, if you don't have Nike+ for your phone (Android, iPhone) or iPod, I highly suggest it. 

4. I made these gold dipped feathers this week after I had seen them on Pinterest and something similar on From My Grey Desk Blog. They turned out differently than I expected but I love them. 


12 comments:

  1. Love the gold dipped feathers! So cute. :) I've been thinking about getting some converse, too...but I'm not sure what color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a few spring colours. Mint and peach and yellow... there were a few others too!

      Delete
  2. I really need to start walking for exercise more - the weather is still icy and snowy in my area which makes walking not much fun. I'll have to look into that app though! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an extremely long time since I ran last which made it hard. I highly recommend the Nike Plus app. It counts the calories you burn, how far you run and your pace. It is extremely user friendly too.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to get out and start running again. It has been super nice here this week, so I have no excuses other than being too lazy! :) I will definitely have to check out that app.; thanks for sharing! {Came across your blog from H5FF link-up.}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no excuse not to run anymore now that the weather is nicer. I highly recommend the app. It is a great motivator.

      Delete
  4. I love your haircut... My hair is quite long with a tiiiiny bit of layers, but I would love some slightly more dramatic (ie noticeable!) layers like this!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has taken me a really long time to find a hairdresser that I like. I'm very picky. Thank you very much!

      Delete
  5. First off, I LOVE the subtle ombre. My friend/hairstylist is trying to convince me to go ombre, but the only examples I'd seen so far are the really extreme ones - I'd love it if she could do it like yours, just subtly! It looks great. Second, adorable Converses! I just want everything to be coral. Just for a day, and then I'd probably get sick of it ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very apprehensive about going ombre and told my hairstylist about it. She said that she would make it very subtle and a more natural ombre. I really like it. She added toner and said that it may fade over time so that the ombre may become more predominant but so far I really like it. Its good to know that there isn't just one variety.

      Delete
  6. hi kirsten, i found your blog from the from my grey desk link up, and i love it! i recently did an ombre thing in my hair too, and so far so good. it was just what i needed for a change without something drastic.

    i nominated your blog for a liebster award....you can check out details tomorrow morning on my blog :)

    http://www.lovelivedwellrepeat.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is so exciting. I've seen it on a few other blogs. I'm on vacation right now but will be home on Saturday. I'll have to check it out then. Thank you!

      Delete