Monday, March 18, 2013



               After I finished watching House of Cards that I mentioned earlier I needed a new show to watch on Netflix and I've heard good things about American Horror Story. I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea. Anyone who knows me well knows that I don't do well with scary movies. I am not ashamed to admit I'm afraid of the dark at 25 years old. (Note: I feel that I should tell you I'm writing this blog post as I'm watching the show. It's a good distraction and makes the show less scary to watch.)
              I vividly remember that my like/hate relationship with scary movies started in 6th grade. I watched "Changeling" at a slumber party at a friends house. What we were doing watching that movie when I was in 6th grade is beyond me. I remember sitting there in my friends basement in the dark just staring there HORRIFIED at the TV screen while all my friends just sat there and watched like it was no ones business. By the way, when I say Changeling, I'm not talking about the Angelina Jolie thriller movie circa 2008. I'm talking about the most horrifying movie ever made seen made in 1980. Also, important to note I never actually finished watching the movie. I stopped about halfway through. I don't exactly remember why but I'm thinking I probably faked a stomach ache and went home. I  have had plenty of opportunities to re-watch it and face my fears but I would sooner eat a pail of grasshoppers. 
           So, back on topic. American Horror Story is pretty unique in the sense that it is just a never ending scary movie. It is really well done. The picture above makes it look like some weird-o S&M show...which I mean I guess there are parts of. Also, if you did take my advice and watch House of Cards you will notice that American Horror Story features a familiar face. Zoe Barnes! 
           Anyway, I suggest that when you watch it you don't do it at night with the lights of because it is just a bad idea. (I understand that most of you aren't big babies like me...but this is just my advice) 

No comments:

Post a Comment