Friday, April 12, 2013


Its Friiiiiiiiday! Are you as excited as I am? I have the day off of work so really Thursday was kind of my Friday this week but whose counting. 



1 Okay, so this wasn't exactly this week but last week. I went with my mom to the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA). It was pretty amazing. I've never been before. This is a picture of a stained glass piece from the museum. I'm a huge Frank Lloyd Wright fan. They had some amazing pieces from the Frank Lloyd Wright collection in the gift shop but I couldn't justify spending $40 on a picture frame. 

2 I found the cutest book ever in Chapters this week when I was looking around. First I looked at it as a joke because its a HUGE coffee table book but I actually fell in love with it. I would have bought it but couldn't justify the $57 price. It had some pretty cool/artistic pictures of cats...I may be a crazy cat lady.

3 I got some new glasses this week! I love them so far. I've been looking for a couple months for a pair that I've like and finally settled on a pair. I love the design on the arms and the front of them is actually a deep blue colour.  

4 Did I mention that the DIA was having a big van Gogh exhibit?  They wouldnt allow any photos of the paintings in the main exhibit room (I tried to be sneaky and take a photo but my mom is the worst wing person ever to go to a museum with and likes to rat me out to the museum staff). Anyway, the painting they have on display is of his bedroom and is on loan from a museum in Amsterdam. I thought it was a great opportunity to see it!

5Another pretty awesome exhibit from the DIA was these suits of armor.  There was an entire hallway full of them!

6 No...those aren't meatballs. That is my attempt at making "glazed donut" muffins. They turned out pretty well. Although, they do look a lot like meatballs if you do ask me. The recipe is on my Pinterest "Just Desserts" board if you'd like to try it out. 


Linking up with Lauren From My Grey Desk Blog


2 comments:

  1. Those glazed doughnuts look so yummy!!! So yummy I'm heading over to get the recipe now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see that van Gogh exhibit! Between those and the Frank Loyd Wright, it looks like an amazing museum. Stopping by from the link-up =)

    ReplyDelete