Monday, March 25, 2013



Lobby of the W Hotel

The W hotel is the place to be on a Saturday night apparently! The hotel itself is located at 515 15th Street NW (which happens to be right beside the US Treasury building and the White House). It has some amazing views from P.O.V. rooftop bar and terrace that include the Washington Monument, the White House and the Treasury Building among others. Unfortunately,  I didn't get a chance to snap any pictures while we were up there for drinks. 

View of the Washington Monument while waiting for our table for dinner.


Dinner at J&G Steakhouse.

Dinner was delicious. I had crispy organic chicken with sweet potato puree and bok choy. The boyfriend had prime hanger steak and frites. When I asked him to describe his experience he said "it was good". What can I say, he isn't a man of many words. 

A picture I took after dinner of the White House. Not bad for being taken with my phone. 


The D.C. Metro: A Magical Magical Place.

In all seriousness, I love the Metro as much as one could love a dark dreary underground mode of transportation. And for the love of god people, stand right, walk left. If you don't they hate you. 


The first sign of cherry blossoms. 

The first sign of cherry blossoms spotted on the walk to the Zoo. So pretty and so exciting!


Flamingos at the Zoo

The National Zoo is easliest one of the coolest zoo's I've been too. I was a little skeptical in the beginning since I heard that they didn't have any penguins but once I was quickly won over by the sloth bear (seriously, its the coolest thing ever). If you are in D.C. I highly, highly recommend you go. 

van Gogh painting at the National Gallery of Art

One of the favourite museums/buildings I visited during the week was the National Gallery of Art, specifically the West Building. I have loved van Gogh since my first art history class in 9th grade. Seeing some real-live-in-person-van-Gogh paintings is something I can now cross off my bucket list!


Jefferson Memorial

Cherry blossoms

Don't let this picture fool you. The cherry blossoms are no where near in full bloom. Out of the hundreds of cherry blossom trees there (hundreds) about 5 were in bloom. I am not ashamed to say I was one of the many people crowded around these few trees snapping pictures. They report that the peak blooms should be sometime around the beginning of April. 




National Botanical Gardens

I was able to visit last time I was in DC but got there just as it closed this time. What I really wanted was to take a picture of the outside since sometimes its used in the cut scene for Bones



Oh, and one last thing... I hereby swear that no matter how old I get I will never ever be too old or get tired of looking out of the airplane window. It is always amazing. 







No comments:

Post a Comment